Thank you for your support of our Hot Lunch Program - this program is an ongoing fundraiser for the school.
Please note that the timeline for hot lunch refunds is the same as the order deadline. If parents cancel their order by Thursday at midnight for Tuesday orders and Saturday by midnight for Thursday orders, they can receive a refund. Refunds take 3-5 business dates to process.
September 2021 UPDATE: The Hot Lunch Program will begin running again in October 2021. Thank you all for your continued support!
Just a few hot lunch tips as we move back to offering Hot Lunch two days a week in October -
- UTENSILS - Please remember to pack utensils from home. We are unable to provide them at the school this year.
- TEMPERATURE - Keep in mind that classes are currently in a staggered lunch time system. Lunches are delivered at 11:45 but some classes don't sit down to eat right at that time. If you know that food temperature is going to be an issue for your child, please be mindful to choose items that will be less of a concern (subs, wraps, sushi, etc).
- ABSENCES - If your child is absent and you have placed a hot lunch order on that day, you have the option of coming to the school to pick it up. If you choose to do so, you're required to contact the office with that information prior to 12 o'clock. If you have not contacted the school, your lunch will be donated to someone else. We appreciate your understanding with this, as no one wants to see multiple meals go to waste!
If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please feel free to email our Hot Lunch Coordinator, Jenny, at Jenny_2411@hotmail.com
Thank you for your continued support!
Dear St. Francis Families,
Welcome back to a new school year!
We will once again offer hot lunch this year. For the month of October we will only offer hot lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is the tentative plan for now. If anything changes an email will be sent out to parents.
This year hot lunch will look a little different. Due to the pandemic, we cannot use the ovens so hot lunch will be delivered to the school by 12 pm and teachers will distribute the lunches to the students. Please note, the restaurants will try to their best to ensure lunches are as hot as possible when they are delivered to the school but by the time they get to the classroom they may be lukewarm. Also this year we ask that families sent their child(ren) with utensils as none will be provided due to safety regulations.
The first term dates are from: October 7, 2020 to December 10, 2020
The second term dates are from: January 5, 2020 to March 25, 2020
The third term dates are from: April 13, 2020 to June 17, 2020
Healthy Hunger Accounts
For those returning families who participated in the hot lunch program last year, please log into your Healthy Hunger account and update your child's teacher.
For families new to the hot lunch program, please follow the instructions below.
- Go to www.healthyhunger.ca
- Create family account
- Re login with new account and password
- Choose School – school will be under DeWinton
- Register your child(ren) under appropriate teacher
- Order lunches
- If there are any issues with setting up the account, please call Healthy Hunger at 1-800-818-6260 or visit the website at www.healthyhunger.ca
Please note, lunch orders must be placed 5 days in advance of the hot lunch date. For example, if we have hot lunch on a Tuesday, the order must be placed by midnight the Thursday before. If we have hot lunch on Thursday, the order must be place by midnight the Saturday before. The same goes for canceling your hot lunch order. It must be done 5 days prior to the hot lunch date for a full refund.
We will have similar vendors to last year. These include: Pizzaberg, Edo Japan, Quiznos, OPA, Quesada,Thai Express, Ubunto Pies, Extreme Pita (Smoothies) and Chopped Leaf. There are some new additions to the menus so we can offer more variety to families. There will be gluten free options on every hot lunch menu as well. For those families with child(ren) will allergies, Pizzaberg/OPA is completely nut-free.
Due to the pandemic we will require limited volunteers at this time. If anything changes, an email will be sent out requesting volunteers.
New Hot Lunch Dates
I will be entering the new hot lunch dates by the end of September. You will receive email notifications that a new hot lunch date has been entered into Healthy Hunger. Once you receive these notifications, please log into your account, find your child's name and order lunch.
This program is completely voluntary. Families can order hot lunches for the entire term or order lunch once or twice a month. It is completely up to you.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me at Jenny_2411@hotmail.com
I just wanted to thank everyone in advance for supporting this program.
Hot Lunch Coordinator